Taking a pile of lumber and turning it into something useful is NOT my forte. My design has been criticized. Just wait until the execution is seen. LOL!
I set up a work station using one of the top sheets of plywood and some saw horses:
I pulled up the drawing on SketchUp:
And started cutting:
Many much more cuts:
Notching the support beams:
Frame mostly intact:
Got the top sheet on:
. . . with a gap:
It's not perfect, but, honestly, I really don't like working with wood, so I think this is pretty good for a first time building something. I've already got stuff figured out how to make it nicer for the next workbench that will get finished up tomorrow.
Here it is in place:
Anthony grabbed my vise and sat it on the corner saying, "NOW it is a workbench." heh
I don't think that the vise will go there, but we'll see. heh
One less than ideal thing about the garage is water infiltration: