Tag Line

"Built Dam Strong!"

06 September 2015

Funky Fresh Fab: Installing Lexan Windows

Yes, there hasn't been a post in a while. Yes, some of you are annoyed. There is a lot going on besides me having the time to sit down and type blog posts. But, you readers have spoken and I will get back on the train and do this again. Anyway . . .

Last I left off, I had just finished the dash. Ed mounted the Traqmate display on a spacer:


The next big task was prepping the rear window for install. It's a molded sheet of lexan, which Ed decided to use Dzus fasteners to hold around the sides. I made a spacer to hold the Dzus tabs in the right spot. This was pretty easy. I chopped a piece of steel to get the right drop:



Then welded on a longer piece:


How it's used:

I discovered that I could use a magnet to hold everything in place long enough to tack the tabs in place:

Progress:


Now it just need support:


Close up:

Measuring for the support straps:


Now, on to the front! I opted to use existing bolt holes to locate the three required straps:


I also came up with a pretty simple way to hold the bottom of the windshield in place. I made squares of the aluminum:



After cutting them out, I superglued them in place so that they support the bottom edge:



No comments:

Post a Comment